In this article, we shall discuss about NIMASA staff salary structure in Nigeria this 2021 in order to find out about how much NIMASA pays their workers per month and per year in the country.
NIMASA is the acronym for the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency. It is a federal government parastatal which has a similar salary scale as many other government agencies owned and run by the FG and this top government company is directly under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Transportation. We shall take a general overview of the agency, after which we shall look at its consolidated salary scale for its employees in the country per month.
NIMASA: COMPANY OVERVIEW
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is the top regulatory and promotional maritime agency in the country. This federal government parastatal is the organization responsible for setting and enforcing the rules of commerce (local and foreign trade) which takes place in Nigeria’s territorial waters.
NIMASA was established from the merger of National Maritime Authority and Joint Maritime Labour Industrial Council (former parastatals of the Federal Ministry of Transport) on August, 2006 and the mandate of regulating the Maritime industry in Nigeria rests on the Agency through the relevant instruments such as:
- The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency Act. 2007
- Merchant Shipping Act. 2007
- Coastal and Inland Shipping (Cabotage) Act 2003.
This top government maritime agency was established basically for the administration of Maritime Safety Seafarers Standards and Security, Maritime Labour, Shipping Regulation, Promotion of Commercial Shipping and Cobatage activities, Pollution Prevention and Control in the marine environment, implementation of domesticated International Maritime Organization (IMO) and International Labour Organization (ILO) Conventions.
FUNCTIONS OF THE NIGERIAN MARITIME ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY AGENCY (NIMASA)
The following are the functions of NIMASA in the country today:
- Pursue the development of shipping and regulatory matters relating to merchant shipping and seafarers.
- Administration and regulation of shipping licences.
- Administration, Regulation and Certification of Seafarers.
- Establishment of Maritime Training and Safety Standards
- Regulation of safety of shipping as regards the construction of ships and navigation.
- Provision of Maritime Search and Rescue Services
- Provide direction and ensure compliance with vessels security measures
- Carry out Air and Coastal Surveillance
Control and prevent Maritime Pollution
- Develop and implement policies and programs, which will facilitate the growth of local capacity in ownership, manning and construction of ships and other maritime infrastructure.
- Enhance and administer the provision of Cabotage Act. 2003
- Perform Port and Flag State duties.
- Provide Maritime Security.
- Establish the procedure for the implementation of conventions of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and the International Labour Organization (ILO), and other international conventions to which the Federal Republic of Nigeria is a party on Maritime Safety and Security, Maritime Labour, Commercial Shipping, and for the implementation of Codes, Resolutions and Circulars arising there from.
NIMASA SALARY STRUCTURE IN NIGERIA 2021: HOW MUCH NIMASA PAYS STAFF
The NIMASA salary structure in Nigeria is based on the Consolidated Research and Allied Institutes Salary Scale (CONRAISS), and workers are paid per month according to their grade levels in the civil service.
Entry level salaries at NIMASA on the average is between ₦100,000 – ₦150,000 per month this 2021, and this totals about ₦1,200,000 – ₦1,800,000 per year.
NIMASA staff that are on Grade Level 7 Step 1 are paid a monthly salary of about ₦1,073,217 per year before tax and this, when broken down per month, gives a salary amount of ₦89,434.
Also, federal government workers at NIMASA who are on grade Level 8 Step 1 are paid a yearly salary that amounts to about ₦1,247,854 before tax, and this, when converted to monthly salaries, give a figure of about ₦103,988 as their take home pay.
NIMASA is a top government parastatal and working at this agency is a great way to begin your career. There are also allowances and bonuses that when added to your salary, will boost it significantly. As with other salary structures, you should note that figures are subject to change with time.