This article is about the NIA salary structure in Nigeria this 2023. NIA is an abbreviation for the National Intelligence Agency, one of the top security agencies in Nigeria and we shall be discussing in detail what this Federal Government parastatal is all about. We will also provide information on their recruitment process before stating an estimated range of just how much their workers receive as salary per month for the kind of job they do.
THE NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY (NIA): OVERVIEW
The Nigerian National Intelligence Agency (NIA) is a major government parastatal that sprang up as one of the three successor agencies of the former National Security Organization (NSỌ); the others being the Department of State Services (DSS), and the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA). This major security agency in Nigeria is saddled with the responsibility of overseeing foreign intelligence and counterintelligence operations.
The National Intelligence Agency (NIA) was established as a result of the dissolution of the National Security Organization (NSO), after the country’s security services were restructured in 1986 when decree Number 19 was set in motion as a fulfilment of one of the promises of Ibrahim Babaginda, Nigeria’s Military President at that time.
THE NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY (NIA): FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
The major function and role of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) is to gather, process and analyze information concerning national security from around the world through the use of human intelligence, its security function is similar to that of The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) of the United States of America and the Secret Intelligence Service of the United Kingdom, also known as the SIS or MI6.
NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY (NIA) SALARY STRUCTURE IN NIGERIA 2023
The National Intelligence Agency (NIA) salary structure in Nigeria is based on the Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS). This government agency rarely gives out information about its salary range for its workers but based on our findings, the average salary per month for officers/staff members of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) this 2023 falls between the pay range of about ₦160,000 – ₦170,000, and this amounts to a yearly pay package between the range of ₦1.9 million – ₦2 million.
Officers of the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency (NIA) are also entitled to some allowances and benefits as the organization sees fit. Kindly note that as is the case with other major security agencies in the country, the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency (NIA) pays its officers based on their academic qualifications and ranks through the years.
RECRUITMENT AND APPLICATION PROCESS OF THE NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY (NIA) IN NIGERIA
The recruitment process for the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) is carried out every year and their selection process is highly competitive. With that in mind, these are the requirements for recruitment at the NIA should you desire to work at the federal government agency:
- Applicants must be a citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria either by birth or descent
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 35
- Applicants must have a valid means of identification (voter’s card, national ID card, international passports or a driving licence)
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit for the job
- Applicants must attain the height of at least 1.7 metres and an expanded chest of 0.87 metres for males and 1.64 metres height for females
- Applicants must exhibit good behaviour, morals and must not have been convicted of any crime before
- Applicants must at least a secondary school leaver with WAEC/SSCE result, having nothing less than 3 credits including The English Language and 2 other subjects or NECO/GCE result with credits in nothing less than 4 subjects at 1 sitting and 5 credits in 2 sitting.
If you want to apply for The Nigerian Intelligence Agency (NIA) recruitment, kindly do the following:
- Login to the NIA website nationalintelligenceagency.gov.ng (currently not active)
- Click the website menu and check for any recruitment opportunities at this top security agency in Nigeria
- If there are any, click on your preferred position and apply
- Provide all the necessary information when filling your application form
- Do make sure to verify all the information you provided before you submit
- Click on the submit button and that’s it. You have applied. A confirmation email should be sent to you acknowledging your application.
Kindly note that the application for any position on the NIA website is free. No one will ask you to pay any money for it on the website and you should be aware that you are only expected to apply once as multiple applications by you will not be accepted.