This article is about NDLEA salary structure in Nigeria currently this 2023 in order to know what this important federal government paramilitary agency pays its members of staff every month. It is important to give the figures or amounts that NDLEA workers earn so as to motivate prospective employees of this top security organization in the country to look forward to the future with the assurance that they will be well catered for by the FG when they eventually get recruited as bona-fide NDLEA officials.
NDLEA: A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE NATIONAL DRUG LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), is a Federal government parastatal in Nigeria that is saddled with the responsibility of putting an end to the cultivating, processing, production, distribution, exportation, and trafficking of hard drugs. NDLEA was established by Decree Number 48 of 1989, and the agency is present at all international airports, seaports and border crossing in the country. Since its establishment, the NDLEA has been at the forefront of eradicating cannabis by destroying plantings. The agency also targets the leaders of narcotics and money laundering organizations in Nigeria. Its head office is located in Ikoyi, Lagos, State.
FUNCTIONS OF THE NATIONAL DRUG LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY (NDLEA)
The following are the functions of the NDLEA in Nigeria today:
- Use of all the resources at the agency’s disposal to combat all illegal trafficking of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, ensuring the reduction of illegal drugs and other substances on demand.
- Recovery of all ill-gotten wealth acquired through the proceeds of illegal drug trading.
- Making arrests where necessary and conveying drug dealers over to the Nigerian Police Force.
- Patrolling public places where hard drugs may be illegally exported abroad.
- Consolidating with international agencies to fight drug traffickers.
- Demolishing narcotic plants, substances, and other hard drugs they discover.
- Preventing the manufacturing and selling of hard drugs.
NDLEA SALARY STRUCTURE IN NIGERIA 2023: WHAT NDLEA PAYS STAFF
The NDLEA salary structure in Nigeria is based on the Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS) that is used to pay paramilitary organizations in the country. The monthly payments of NDLEA officials is dependent on their grade levels and steps which distinguishes junior and senior officers accordingly.
The monthly take home pay of the officers and men of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) is also dependent on the academic qualifications of staff members. Officers who are HND Holders are placed on grade level 7 at the NDLEA while university degree holders are placed on grade level 8.
On the average, this 2023, fresh graduates recruited into the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA and are placed on grade Level 8 Step 1 are paid an estimated yearly salary of about ₦888,956 before any tax deductions. This means that their monthly salary will be about ₦74,000. Employees of the NDLEA on grade Level 8 Step 2 are paid an estimated salary of about ₦900,071 per year before any tax deductions. This means that in a month, they earn a salary of about ₦75,000.
Polytechnic Graduates, that is HND holders are placed on grade Level 7 Step 1 at the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA and they are paid a starting salary of about ₦483,353 per year before tax deductions. If we are to break the salary structure of fresh graduates at the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA down, we will have the following:
- For University graduates placed on Level 8 step 1: CONPASS + Rent Allowance (₦888,956 + ₦115,849) = ₦1,004,805 (total annual salary). i.e ₦83,733 per month.
- For Polytechnic graduates, that is, HND holders placed on Grade Level 7 Step 1: CONPASS + Rent Allowance (₦483,014 + ₦92,273.9) = ₦573,287 (total annual salary). i.e ₦44,773 per month.
From the above salary breakdown of the NDLEA workers in Nigeria, it is clear that NDLEA employees are entitled to certain benefits, but these benefits are determined by the employee’s rank and status within their various departments. The above are the salaries for the entry level NDLEA positions in Nigeria currently with their benefits added. Other positions are not featured in this article as at the time of writing because their information are not readily available on the internet.
2 CommentsAdd a Comment
Please can someone with second class upper or lower apply?
Hi Sunny, it depends on the requirements of the NDLEA at any given time.