This article is about the current NASRDA salary structure in Nigeria as of 2022 in order to have an idea of what the National Space Research and Development Agency pays its workers per month. This government parastatal is one of the very important research institutions in the country as it was set up to pursue the development and application of space science and technology for the socio-economic benefits of the nation.
OVERVIEW OF THE NATIONAL SPACE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (NASRDA)
Former President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo (GCFR), is credited with the approval the Nigerian Space Policy and the implementation of the space programmes in the country. The space policy details the guidelines and strategies to be adopted in the development of indigenous capabilities in space science and technology aimed at helping Nigeria participate actively on the global stage of space exploring nations.
This Nigerian space policy birthed the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) in April 1999, under the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, with Professor Robert Ajayi Boroffice (OON) being its pioneer Director General (DG).
NASRDA’s mission is to vigorously pursue the attainment of space capabilities and the enhancement of the quality of life of mankind through space related research and development (R&D), capacity building in the fields of science, engineering, space law and administration for sustainable national development.
In order to achieve the set objective of making space science technology, research and development a key strategy for sustainable national development, the National Space Research and Development Agency, NASRDA put in place an institutional framework for the successful and sustainable implementation of the Nigerian space policy. In this regard, a multi-institutional framework was adopted and specialized centres with well-defined mandates were created across the country.
This gave rise to the creation of NASRDA centres and the Centre for Basic Space Science (CBSS), an activity centre of NASRDA charged with the mandate of astronomy, astrophysics and basic space science development in Nigeria.
DEPARTMENTS AT THE NATIONAL SPACE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (NASRDA)
The following are the various departments at the National Space Research And Development Agency (NASRDA)
- Administration and Finance
- International Cooperation
- Law/Legal Department
- Mission Planning, IT and Data Management
- Space Regulations and Special Duties
- Policy, Planning, and Research
- Engineering and Space Systems
- Strategic Space Applications.
NASRDA CENTRES IN NIGERIA AND THEIR LOCATIONS
The following are the various NASRDA centres in Nigeria today and their locations:
- The Centre for Basic Space Science, Nsukka, Enugu State.
- The National Centre for Remote Sensing, Jos, Plateau State.
- The Centre for Satellite Technology Development, Abuja.
- The Centre for Geodesy and Geodynamics, Toro, Bauchi State.
- The African Regional Centre for Space and Technology Education, Ile-Ife, Osun State.
- The Centre for Space Transport & Propulsion, Epe, Lagos State.
- The Centre for Atmospheric Research, Anyigba, Kogi State.
- The Zonal Advanced Space Application Laboratory, Kano, Kano State.
- Cooperative Information Network, Ile-Ife, Osun State.
- Advanced Space Application Laboratory, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
NASRDA SALARY STRUCTURE IN NIGERIA 2022
What is the salary of NASRDA workers in Nigeria this 2022? How much is the monthly salary of NASRDA employees and staff members currently? People who are interested in working at NASRDA ask these questions to be sure of their basic salaries per month before applying to any job positions at NASRDA and below, we will give a detailed breakdown of the salary scale of NASRDA workers in Nigeria today.
Kindly note that the main focus of this article is to provide you with an estimate of the basic monthly salaries of employees of the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) this 2022 and we encourage you to read on to find out more.
ENTRY LEVEL MONTHLY SALARY STRUCTURE AT NASRDA THIS 2022
After deducting the relevant charges, including taxes, a newly employed (entry level) graduate is paid at least a monthly salary of ₦175,485 under the NASRDA salary structure. This means that this federal government agency pays its employees an average salary between the range of ₦180,000 – ₦200,000 per month.
Also, it is very important to note that at the National Space Research and Development Agency, NASRDA, scientific staff at this federal parastatal receive higher monthly salaries than their colleagues in the administrative department. With that in mind, it is noteworthy to state at this juncture that irrespective of the salary NASRDA workers are placed on, they are paid certain allowances and bonuses, and these monetary benefits help to further increase their monthly take home pay significantly.
MONTHLY BASIC SALARIES OF OTHER NASRDA STAFF MEMBERS IN NIGERIA
The following are the monthly basic salaries of select members of staff at NASRDA this 2022:
- Medical Doctors at NASRDA are paid an estimated ₦93,000 monthly as salaries at this agency.
- Scientific Officers receive monthly salaries totalling an estimated ₦158,000 at NASRDA
- At NASRDA, Principal Officers are paid an estimated ₦200,000 as salary per month
- Engineers at NASRDA, especially Engineer II take home an estimated ₦204,000 as basic salaries per month.