This article is about LASTMA salary structure in Lagos, Nigeria this 2022 as we shall be taking a look at just how much LASTMA officers are paid by the Lagos State Government. We will be focusing our attention on the entry level salary of LASTMA officers in order to know what the agency pays its fresh intakes per month upon successfully recruiting them into their fold. Kindly read along to get the information you are looking for.
LASTMA: OVERVIEW OF THE AGENCY
The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) was established for road traffic administration and management through the gazette volume 33 No. 5 of 22nd June, 2000.
The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) is an agency under the Lagos State Ministry of Transportation (MOT) that is saddled with the responsibility of handling road traffic matters with a system of operations that make it responsive to the demands of traffic and to ease traffic congestion, reduce travel delay within the State, improve access to commerce and industry, redirect traffic, improve the environment, protect and enhance safety of all road users and enhance sustainable transport system in the mega city of Lagos State.
Since the establishment of LASTMA, traffic control and administration in Lagos State has improved significantly.
FUNCTIONS OF LASTMA
The functions of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) includes the following:
- Improve condition and appearance of roads
- Improve conditions for exposed road users
- Protect and enhance safety of all road users
- Redirect traffic for better environment
- Improve access to commerce and industry
- Ease traffic congestion
- Reduce travel delays
- Traffic safety and accident management
- Vehicle inspection and certification
- Traffic control and enforcement
- Public education and enlightenment
- Road research and statistics
- Driver training and certification
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE LAGOS STATE TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY (LASTMA)
The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) as an agency is headed by a chief executive officer (CEO). The agency’s chief executive office consists of the public relation officers, the personal assistant, a clerk, secretary, drivers, dispatcher, messengers, to mention but a few.
Departments under LASTMA include the following:
- Administration and Finance: Records of staff, general administration of the agency and finance of the agency.
- Account Department: This department handles influx and outflow of cash and cheques for the
- Education and Training Department: This department coordinates the in-house training of staff and motorists as specified by the LASTMA rules and regulations.
- Logistics and Transport Department: This department is responsible for the procurement of auto spare parts and maintenance of the agency’s vehicles and allocation of vehicles to all the departments and zones if requested.
- Planning, Research and Statistics Department: This department collects, collates, analyses, and interprets data. It also conducts research on the activities of the agency and results thus obtained are used for planning the agency’s operational activities.
- Store Units: The store is loaded with varieties of materials meant for use by officers and men of the LASTMA agency.
LASTMA MISSION AND VISION STATEMENT
To develop A Culture of Regulation, Control and Management of Traffic Operations State Wide: And to Ensure Hitch Free Traffic Flow on Lagos Roads.
To Reduce Deaths, Injuries and Economic Losses Through Road Traffic Accidents, Conflicts, Congestion and Delays On The Public Highways in Lagos State by Employing Modern Traffic Management Techniques To Inject Order And Control Into The Road Traffic System In The State.
To Create Atmosphere for a sustainable social and economic growth by ensuring free traffic flow in the state.
LASTMA SALARY STRUCTURE 2022: HOW MUCH LASTMA PAYS ITS OFFICERS
LASTMA salary structure for officers and men of this traffic regulatory agency in Lagos State is not readily available to members of the general public as the State Civil Service is very discreet about this information.
On the average, this 2022, the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) salary ranges between the pay scale of ₦54,000 – ₦100,000 per month after tax according to multiple sources. This is how much LASTMA officers at entry level are paid in Lagos State today. The salaries increase with time, academic qualifications and experience on the job.
Officers higher up in rank at the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) such as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), General Manager and the Directors all earn monthly salaries that are higher than the take home pay of their subordinates, and as earlier stated, increase in monthly salary comes with promotion and experience on the job.
In the past, the the salary of LASTMA officers in Lagos State was lesser than the estimated figures we have given in this article but this has changed for the better in recent times so as to encourage the officers for the good work they have been doing all round the State in ensuring that the flow of traffic is unhindered and that traffic laws are obeyed by motorists in Lagos State.