Oluwatobiloba Daniel Anidugbe, popularly known by his stage name, Kizz Daniel, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, entertainer, recording artiste and stage performer. He is widely known for his singles Woju and Yeba. He was very well known by the stage name “Kiss Daniel” before he changed it in May 2018.
Kizz Daniel signed a record deal with G-Worldwide Entertainment in 2013 but has since left the record label after a much publicized contract dispute and court case. He is currently the owner and CEO of Fly Boy Inc., a record label which he founded in November 2017.
KIZZ DANIEL PROFILE
Kizz Daniel’s biography begins with his birth in Abeokuta, and he is an indigene of Abeokuta North Local Government Area in Ogun State, Nigeria. He attended Abeokuta Grammar School and after completing his primary and secondary education, he proceeded to the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, where he bagged a Bachelor’s degree in Water Resources Management and Agrometeorology (also known as Water Engineering) in 2013. It was at the university that he decided to pursue music as a career along with his studies.
In May 2015, Kizz Daniel came into the limelight when he released the single Laye on his birthday, following it up with a video two weeks later which was shot in different locations in East Africa and was directed by AJE FILMS.
Kizz Daniel released his first studio album titled New Era on May 14, 2016. Following his exit from G-WorldWide, which was his former music label, he went to found his own personal music record label FLYBOY I.N.C. which has artistes such as Demmie Vee and Philkeyz in their ranks. Kizz Daniel has since featured on Demmie Vee single titled You Go Wait?.
Kizz Daniel had a good year in 2018 as he featured Wizkid on the Hit Song FOR YOU and Davido on another single titled One Ticket which trended on Nigerian airwaves to the delight of music lovers all over the country. On December 30, 2018, Kizz Daniel released his second studio album and his first under FlyBoy Inc. titled No Bad Songz.
The album houses 20 songs which includes the song of the same name, “One Ticket” and it featured Davido, Nasty C, Diamond Platiumz, Philkeys, Demmie Vee, Dj Xclusive, Wretch 32, Diplo and Sarkodie. The album received positive reviews from music lovers, it debuted at No. 55 on the US iTunes Chart and became number 1 on the world Album Chart within 24 hours of its release.
DISPUTE WITH G-WORLDWIDE AND CHANGE OF STAGE NAME
In November 2017, Kizz Daniel announced his move away from his record label, G-Worldwide and established his own record label, FLYBOY I.N.C. He was however sued to court by G-Worldwide for breach of contract for allegedly leaving the record label while under contract to found his own company.
In May 2018, Kizz Daniel announced that he had changed his stage name from Kiss Daniel to Kizz Daniel, due to the fact that G-Worldwide own the trademark for the name “Kiss Daniel” and he could no longer perform or make music with that name.
His former employers made moves to also trademark his new name but this proved unsuccessful and he has since gone by the name Kizz Daniel, a name which has since been reflected on all his social media accounts. New Spotify and Apple Music accounts were also created immediately with the name Kizz Daniel, featuring his new songs as well.
KIZZ DANIEL ALBUMS AND SONGS
to date, Kizz Daniel has two albums, New Era (2016) and No Bad Songz (2018). Some of his songs include the following:
- Pour Me Water
- Eh God
- One Ticket
- No Do
- Loyal (Mixed)
- Good Time
- Time No Dey
- Take Your Place
- Somebody Dey
- Which One
- Fvck You
- Sin City
- My Dear
- Ello Baby
- Pak ‘n’ Go
- Give Into
- Upon Me
- Are You Alright
- Send Her Money
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
- 2018: The Headies – Song of the Year (Nominated)
- 2018: The Headies – Best Pop Single (Nominated)
- 2018: The Headies – Best Reggae/Dancehall Single (Nominated)
- 2018: The Headies – Viewer’s Choice (Nominated)
- 2017: The Future Awards Africa – Nigeria Prize for Music (Nominated)
- 2017: Nigeria Entertainment Award – Best Album of the Year (Nominated)
- 2017: Nigerian Entertainment Award – Afropop Artiste of the Year (Won)
- 2017: Nigerian Entertainment Award – Hottest Single of the Year (Won)
- 2017: MTV Africa Music Award – Listener’s Choice (Nominated)
- 2016: City People Music Award – Music Artist of the Year, Male (Won)
- 2016: City People Music Award – Popular Song of the Year (Nomimated)
- 2016: The Headies – Best RnB/Pop Album (Won)
- 2016: The Headies – Hip Hop World Revelation of the Year (Won)
- 2016: The Headies – Best Pop Single (Nominated)
- 2016: The Headies – Album of the Year (Won)
- 2015: The Headies – Next Rated (Nominated)
- 2015: Nigerian Entertainment Award – Best New Act to Watch (Nominated)
- 2015: City People Entertainment Award – Most Promising Act of the Year, Male (Nominated)
- 2015: City People Entertainment Award – Popular Song of the Year (Nominated).
KIZZ DANIEL NET WORTH 2023
This 2023, Kizz Daniel is currently worth over $4 million, and his source of wealth is majorly through album sales, shows and endorsement deals.