This article is about how to get a customised number plate in Nigeria currently in this year 2022. Sometimes, for reasons best known to you, you may want a customized number plate for your vehicle but you probably do not know how to go about it; not to worry as we will list the processes involved so that you can be armed with the information required to purchase a customised plate number in Nigeria today.
As early stated, many people in Nigeria may genuinely want a customised number plate for their vehicles but they may feel it is way beyond their reach because they believe that it is only for high government officials or celebrities, and as such, they perceive it as something beyond them but the truth is that you can have a personalized number plate if you can afford it as it is usually more expensive than the normal, everyday plate numbers that people use for their vehicles but there is a process for it and you must provide the required documentation.
In Nigeria today, you may get a legally personalised number plate at an affordable amount, and the process of getting it is not as complicated as people think. If you have just bought a brand new car or you have just gone through the process of importing a fairly used car from Canada to Nigeria, or from any other country of your choosing and you want to customise your plate number with your preferred name, we advise that you check out the prerequisites, pricing, and instructions on how to get a personalise your plate number in Nigeria below.
CURRENT COST OF PURCHASING A CUSTOMISED NUMBER PLATE IN NIGERIA 2022
If you have just purchased any of the best car brands in Nigeria today, the next thing is to register the vehicle and as well as register its plate number, which in this case, is your personalised number. You may have asked yourself this question, what is the cost of getting a customized plate number in Nigeria today? And that may even be what brought you here through your search query, without wasting your time, on the average, the cost of getting a customized number plate currently in Nigeria is between the price range of ₦100,000 – ₦200,000, and this should be paid directly to the bank so that you can have a straightforward processing of your plate.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR A CUSTOMIZED PLATE NUMBER IN NIGERIA
There are a few documents you will need to submit in order for your number plate to be processed quickly and easily. You only need to follow the simple instructions below to have your plate number processed as soon as possible. Below are the documents you will need in order to get your personalised plate number in Nigeria.
- A printed application letter with “Customized number plate” in the title, where you are to specify your preferred name or number.
- Submission of shipping documentation is required if the car in question is an imported car
- A valid means of identification, i.e National ID Card, driving licence, international passport, voter’s card, etc
- Tax identification number (TIN)
- Insurance documents of your car
- Insurance policy number
- Verification of ownership for the vehicle for your car.
HOW TO GET A CUSTOMISED NUMBER PLATE IN NIGERIA 2022
The following are the step by step processes of getting a customised number plate in Nigeria this 2022:
- On the enrolment page of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) website, apply for a plate number
- Once you have logged in, you can either download the forms from the FRSC website such as tax document form, structure B, vehicle permit, street health commission, and plate number form, or go to the nearest FRSC office to receive them
- Make sure all of your information is correct and that you do not make any mistakes
- After that, proceed to the State Board of Internal Revenue/Mobile License Authority, where all of your completed documentation will be gathered and stamped
- Make your payment and present your receipt at the same time.
HOW LONG CAN A CUSTOMISED NUMBER PLATE REMAIN VALID IN NIGERIA?
Customized license number plates in Nigeria can last very long as the regular number plates seen all over the place in the country. As long as your vehicle lasts, your personalised number plate will last and if you are selling your car to someone else, ensure to remove the number plate as it is yours and can be used for any future vehicle you will be purchasing for yourself.