This article is about how to check original driving licence in Nigeria currently in this year 2023. Owning a driving licence in Nigeria is one criterion for being able to operate a vehicle on Nigerian roads. You will undoubtedly receive a valid driver’s license if you apply for one with the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC). However, some people choose to obtain their driving license in Nigeria using proxies, which occasionally results in the issuance of a fake that is unlawful to use. We shall go through a few ways to verify the validity of your driver’s license in Nigeria as we proceed, and as always, we advise that you do kindly continue reading to find out more.
HOW TO VERIFY ORIGINAL DRIVING LICENCE IN NIGERIA 2023
The following are the various ways by which you can verify your driver’s license in Nigeria this 2023:
USING THE FRSC NATIONAL DRIVER’S LICENCE VERIFICATION PORTAL
Using the FRSC verification web portal, the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) has made it simple to confirm the validity of your national driver’s license or other identification document. Furthermore, whether you are in Nigeria or another country, you can start a verification request for your driver’s license. Keep the following documents close at hand before you start the verification exercise because you will need them:
- Driver’s licence
- Request letter (image or pdf)
- Proof of identification (National ID card, Voters card, or International passport)
To confirm the validity of your national driver’s license, take the following steps:
- To register, visit http://www.ndlverification.frsc.gov.ng/signup/. Sign in if you have already created an account
- You will then get an email asking you to confirm your account from FRSC NDLV Portal email@example.com. In order to confirm your registration, click on the link provided
- Log in to your newly created NDLV portal upon successful confirmation
- Go to your Dashboard after logging into your account
- Scroll down to the bottom of your Dashboard where it says “Create a new verification request”
- Next, tap the “New request” button to start entering the necessary information
- After that, you must upload both the front and back images of your driver’s license
- Next, submit a letter explaining why you need to have your driver’s license verified
- After that, select the government-issued identification document you possess by clicking on “Applicant’s proof of identification”
- Then proceed to upload the proof of identity
- Next, select “Drivers License Verification” from the list of alternatives by clicking on “Request type”
- Next, select “Nigeria” from the drop-down menu by clicking on “Receiving Country”
- Next, provide the email address for the recipient
- Provide the recipient address and phone number as well
- “Shipping and Payment” is the final section
- Enter the shipping location where you want your validated request sent by clicking on “Shipping Details”
- Choose your desired delivery option by clicking on “Delivery Option” ( Courier Service, Pickup at FRSC RSHQ, or Digital Copy)
- Continue by filling out “Payment Details”
- By clicking “Save and Continue to Pay,” submit the verification request.
HOW LONG DOES THE VERIFICATION OF A DRIVING LICENCE TAKE IN NIGERIA?
You will have to wait until receiving your validated document after successfully submitting your verification request on the FRSC NDLV site. It usually takes 3 to 10 working days to complete an internal check at the FRSC headquarters. Depending on your delivery location, it can take a bit longer to reach you. You can also check out our article on the current cost of driving licence in Nigeria.
HOW TO MONITOR THE VERIFICATION PROCESS ON YOUR FRSC NDLV PORTAL DASHBOARD
Through a link to a progress report on your dashboard, you can keep a close eye on the verification of your driver’s license in Nigeria. This will let you know exactly where the verification of your driving licence is in the process. You can monitor the verification process on your dashboard, and you will also get mail notifications at each step of the way.
HOW TO CHECK ORIGINAL DRIVING LICENCE THROUGH NIGERIADRIVERSLICENCE.ORG
You can also determine whether your driver’s license is authentic or not by using the website https://nigeriadriverslicence.org. To use this website to verify the validity of your driver’s license, follow these steps:
- Visit nigeriadriverslicence.org
- Select “DL Application”
- If your driver’s license has already expired, select “Renewal of Driver’s License” from the drop-down menu
- Input your driver’s license number and birthdate in the corresponding boxes
- Click the search icon
- Click “OK” to validate your driver’s number information
- If your driver’s license is authentic, your information will show up on the screen
- Nothing would show up on your screen in the event that your driver’s license is fake.
HOW TO VERIFY ORIGINAL DRIVING LICENCE IN NIGERIA THROUGH TEXT
You can also text NDL Status + your license number to 33811 to check the validity of your driver’s license. You will get an SMS informing you if your driver’s license is authentic.
HOW TO VERIFY ORIGINAL DRIVING LICENCE THROUGH PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
You can rely on the security features of a genuine national driver’s license in addition to using the FRSC NDLV portal to confirm the validity of your driving licence. These characteristics set originals apart from copies.
The following characteristics of the National Driver’s License should be noted:
When you hold an original national driver’s license up to a light, you can notice tiny holes on the front and back of it.
The ghost portrait, which is effectively a tiny reproduction of the real photo image on the license, is another feature to verify the validity of a national driver’s license.
A magnifying glass will allow you to read the tiny lettering on an original national driver’s license, which may just look like a solid line. This feature wouldn’t be present on a fake driver’s license.