This article is about the Federal Fire Service Salary Structure in Nigeria this 2021 in order to know how much fire fighters working for the Federal Government earn as take home payments every month. This information will also interest you if it is your dream to work at this federal parastatal.
FEDERAL FIRE SERVICE: COMPANY OVERVIEW
The Federal Fire Service (FFS) is the principal agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria, established by an Act of Parliament mandated with the sole responsibility of mitigation, prevention and extinction of fire and other emergencies as well as perform other sundry duties as delegated by the Honorable Minister of Interior.
The Fire Service in Nigeria traces its origins back to the year 1901 when it was established as an arm of the Lagos Police Fire brigade. In April 1963, an act of Parliament established the Federal Fire Service. This Federal Government Agency is responsible for rescue fire prevention, mitigation, fire fighting as well as paramedical and information services.
The Federal Government reform of the Federal Fire Service in 2007, redefined the mandate/functions of the service which includes:
- Regulation of the state and Private Fire Services
- Prescription and Monitoring of standards for the promotion of fire education/enlightenment
- Fire prevention, safety, mitigation and investigation
- Ensuring effective discharge of the functions of the State Fire Services
- Provision of fire service policies
- Ensuring the standardization of fire and rescue equipments manufactured or imported into Nigeria
- Encouraging the establishment of fire stations in the country
- Fire risk assessment in public buildings.
- Enforcement of fire safety regulations in public buildings.
- Inspection of construction works to ensure compliance with safety designs.
- Fire safety awareness and education campaigns
- Capacity building and manpower development of the nation’s fire service through the National Fire Academy (NFA)
- Preparation of fire reports.
- Issuance of fire certificates.
- Regulation and registration of private fire outfits.
DEPARTMENTS IN THE FEDERAL FIRE SERVICE
The following are the various departments in the Federal Fire Service and their functions:
ADMIN AND SUPPLY
- Oversees appointments, and staff welfare.
- Supervises various commands, and in charge of general admin.
INVESTIGATION, INSPECTORATE AND ENFORCEMENT (IIE)
- Inspects and ensures fire safety compliance in public buildings.
- Investigates causes of fires and other related hazards
POLICY, PLANNING, RESEARCH, AND STATISTICS (PPRS)
- Policy formulation.
- Collects and collates fire statistics for planning and research.
- In charge of information, communication and technology.
- Carries out topography of allotted areas and jurisdiction
- Effects rescues
NATIONAL FIRE ACADEMY (NFA)
- Provides the training requirements for fire fighters, within the country and African sub-region.
- Formulates and develops fire safety curriculum for schools and the academy.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS
- Prepares the personal budget.
- Administers fund and expenditures
FEDERAL FIRE SERVICE COMMANDS IN NIGERIA
Below are the various Zonal Commands of the Federal Fire Service in Nigeria:
- Zone A: Benue (HQ), Nasarawa and Plateau
- Zone B: Kano (HQ), Katsina, Jigawa and Kaduna
- Zone C: Bauchi (HQ), Yobe and Borno
- Zone E: Akwa Ibom (HQ), Cross Rivers and Rivers
- Zone F: Lagos, Ogun and Oyo
- Zone G: Niger, Kogi and Kwara
- Zone H: Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi
- Zone I: Adamawa, Taraba, and Gombe
- Zone J: Imo and Abia.
FEDERAL FIRE SERVICE SALARY STRUCTURE IN NIGERIA 2021
The salary structure for officers of the Federal Fire Service in Nigeria this 2021 is based on their ranks from the highest to the lowest, and this salary scale is in accordance with the Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS).
The following are the various yearly salaries of select officers in the Federal Fire Service in Nigeria from the highest to the lowest this 2021:
- Chief Inspector (CI) – ₦1,405,449 per year
- Deputy Chief Inspector (DCI) – ₦1,325,234 per year
- Assistant Chief Inspector (ACI) – ₦1,252,038 per year
- Principal Marshal Inspector (PMI) – ₦1,143,539 per year
- Senior Marshal Inspector (SMI) – ₦1,058,416 per year
- Marshal Inspector I (MI-I) – ₦777,876 per year
- Marshal Inspector II (MI-II) – ₦548,387 per year
- Marshal Inspector III (MI-III) – ₦393,442 per year
- Chief Fire Marshal Assistant (CFMA) – ₦966,761 per year
- Deputy Fire Marshal Assistant (DFMA) – ₦539,048 per year
- Senior Fire Marshal Assistant (SFMA) – ₦387,428 per year
- Fire Marshal Assistant I (FMA I) – ₦349,589 per year
- Fire Marshal Assistant II (FMA II) – ₦319,741 per year
- Fire Marshal Assistant III (FMA III) – ₦305,576 per year.
Kindly note that Nigerian Guide is not in any way affiliated with the Federal Fire Service and we do not recruit on their behalf. This information is purely informational and any recruitment information should be checked for on their official website.