This article is about the current prices of electrical materials in Nigeria this 2022. These materials are utilized for electrical installations involving house or building wiring, and other associated processes that ensure the supply of electricity in a building.
Electrical installations cannot be made possible without the use of electrical materials, and these materials can serve different purposes, chief of which is the control of the flow of current in an electric circuit. Some electrical materials such as circuit breaker and fuses can be used to protect electrical appliances and devices, preventing fire hazards and damage.
Other electrical materials such as insulators can be used to prevent users from getting electric shocks when they are operating electrical appliances or instruments. Electrical materials such as current-carrying wires or conductors are used to transfer the current from source to the load. With that in mind, let us look at some of the factors affecting the prices of electrical materials in our country before ultimately looking at their various prices.
FACTORS THAT AFFECT THE PRICES OF ELECTRICAL MATERIALS IN NIGERIA TODAY
The following are some of the factors that affect the prices of electrical materials in Nigeria today.
Brand matters a lot when it comes to electrical materials and branding also significantly affects the price of electrical materials in the country today. Some brands are bigger and better than others and their popularity means that they can leverage on this to make better quality electrical materials and sell to the general public at higher rates.
TIMES AND SEASONS
Times and seasons are another huge determinants of the prices of electrical materials in Nigeria currently. There are certain times in the year when these materials are costlier than at any given time or season and this determines just how much electrical materials will go for in the market at such times. They can be cheaper at other times of the year as well.
Import duties also play a role in determining the price of electrical materials in Nigeria today seeing that many of the electrical materials that are used in Nigeria are imported from outside the country, hence, their prices are influenced by the cost of import duties. The higher the import duty, the more expensive the product and this goes the other way round.
Location is yet another determining factor when it comes to how much it’ll cost to buy an electrical material at certain places. Cities and places with high standards of living will generally sell electrical materials at higher rates than places with low standard of living.
CURRENT PRICES OF ELECTRICAL MATERIALS IN NIGERIA 2022
The following are the current prices of electrical materials in Nigeria this 2022:
- 4 armored cable by 50 mm costs between the price range of ₦7,800 – ₦8,500 per metre this 2022
- 4 armored cable by 16 mm costs between the price range of ₦3,700 – ₦5,000 per metre
- 100 amps changeover switch costs between the price range of ₦67,000 – ₦75,000 in Nigeria today
- 100 amps TP and N switch costs between the price range of ₦35,000 – ₦40,000 in Nigeria currently
- Distribution board (D12) costs between the price range of ₦55,000 – ₦65,000 in the country this 2022
- 6 by 6 cooker unit costs between ₦6,500 – ₦8,000 in today’s market
- 25 mm PVC dignity pipe costs between ₦12,000 – ₦17,000 per bundle presently
- 20 mm PVC dignity pipe costs between the price range of ₦11,000 – ₦13,000 per bundle
- Ordinary energy saving lights (1 x 36 watts) cost between ₦6,000 – ₦8,000 currently
- High-grade ordinary energy saving lights (1 x 36 watts) cost between the price range of ₦17,000 – ₦19,500 today
- Light fittings (4 x 18 watts) cost between ₦9,500 – ₦12,000 in Nigeria today
- Bulk-headed light fittings cost between the price range of ₦4,500 – ₦6,000 currently
- Chandelier light fittings cost between the price range of ₦35,000 – ₦90,000 currently
- DP switch cost between ₦4,500 – ₦5,500 in today’s electrical materials market in the country
- 13 amps socket costs between the price range of ₦1,500 – ₦2,100
- 5 amps socket costs between the price range of ₦1,100 – ₦1,400
- 3 gang 1-way switch costs between ₦3,700 – ₦4,500
- 2 gang 2-way switch costs between the price range of ₦3,500 – ₦4,000
- 1 gang 2-way switch costs between ₦2,100 – ₦3,100
- 1 gang 1-way switch costs between the price range of ₦800 – ₦1,100
- 1.5 mm single-core (G.R.Y.) cable costs between the price range of ₦10,500 – ₦13,000 per coil/100
- 2.5 mm single-core (G.R.Y.) cable costs between the price range of ₦15,000 – ₦20,000 per coil/100
- 4 mm single-core (G.R.Y.) cable costs between the price range of ₦25,000 – ₦30,000 per coil/100
- 6 mm single-core (G.R.Y.) cable costs between ₦30,000 – ₦37,000 in the country presently.
Kindly be informed that the prices of electrical materials listed above are subject to change and that these figures are estimates. Nigerian Guide has provided this article purely on informational basis and we advise that you still visit the market to confirm certain prices listed as we are not dealers in electrical materials.