This article is about the current cost of industrial weaving machines in Nigeria this 2021. Industrial weaving machines are also known as weeping machines, overlockers or sergers in the country.
If you are in the fashion industry and you specialize in cloth making, you will agree with me that you need a weaving machine in making some types or almost all types of garments in order for them to come out neatly. We have outlined the prices of some of the best brands in this post for your information.
As earlier stated, industrial weaving machines are very important for professional fashion designers who want to give their designs impressive finishing so that all the details of the edges or seam allowances in the interior of their designs appear very neatly and well enclosed, preserving the fabric part of the cloth, and making it long lasting.
Industrial weaving machines are very important in dress making even though there are manual weaving machines. The reason why industrial weaving machines should be better preferred than their manual counterparts is because they are built to offer more functions and they come with better features.
Overlockers or sergers allow for better speed and ease of operation, and if you can afford it for your business, we highly recommend that you purchase one to improve your output significantly.
MERITS OF INDUSTRIAL WEAVING MACHINES IN NIGERIA
The following are some of the importance or advantages of industrial weaving machines to a fashion designer in Nigeria today
- Industrial weaving machines operate at faster speed thereby improving output
- Industrial weaving machines give the interior of fabrics some neat finishing that helps to preserve the clothes
- Industrial weaving machines are easy to operate seeing that they require less manual control
- Industrial weaving machines are designed to work on numerous fabrics, instead of just a few.
- Industrial weaving machines are built with features that provide lots of decorative serge.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE PURCHASING YOUR INDUSTRIAL WEAVING MACHINE
The following are the things you should consider before buying an industrial weaving machine:
This is very important as it helps determine if you will purchase a brand new overlocker or a fairly used one. Depending on which one you want to go for, you will have to set a budget and work towards getting a machine that meets that budget.
THE FASHION DESIGNING SERVICE THAT YOU RENDER
Your type of service determines which industrial weaving machine that you are to purchase. Understand this and know which one to go for that will improve your output significantly.
DURABILITY OF THE INDUSTRIAL WEAVING MACHINE
Industrial weaving machines that are very efficient and long lasting should be your target and you should seek out those ones for better output. Brands like Brother, EMEL and Butterfly are very popular for their efficiency.
AVAILABILITY OF SPARE PARTS
Endeavour to consider the industrial weaving machines that have their spare parts readily available in the market. These ones are better than those whose spare parts are scarce or unavailable in the market.
AVAILABILITY OF POWER SUPPLY
Sergers need electricity to function and you should ensure that you have a sure source of power supply to keep them running. If you aren’t guaranteed of power supply and you have no alternative, it will not be a good investment to purchase one.
Weeping machines are built with varying complexities. Ensure to go for the one that you can easily operate for better output.
CURRENT PRICES OF INDUSTRIAL WEAVING MACHINES IN NIGERIA 2021
The following are the current prices of industrial weaving machines in Nigeria this 2021:
COST OF BRAND NEW INDUSTRIAL WEAVING MACHINES IN NIGERIA
- EMEL Industrial Weaving Sewing Machine: ₦160,000 – ₦170,000
- EMEL Industrial Overlock Weaving Machine: ₦1,100,000 – ₦1,450,000
- EMEL Industrial Overlock Weaving Machine (3 thread): ₦110,000 – ₦120,000
- Merrylock Overlock and Cover Stitch Machine: ₦150,000 – ₦160,000
- Brother Overlocker Machine: ₦110,000 – ₦120,000
- Generic Overlock Weaving Industrial Machine: ₦25,000 – ₦38,000
- Butterfly Overlock Industrial Weaving and Sewing Machine: ₦25,000 – ₦30,000
- SUMO Overlock Industrial Weaving and Sewing Machine: ₦27,000 – ₦30,000
- SUMO Industrial Weaving Machine (3 thread: ₦100,000 – ₦110,000
- Two Lion Overlock Industrial Weaving and Sewing Machine: ₦25,000 – ₦30,000
- BabyLock Industrial Weaving Machine: ₦85,000 – ₦90,000.
COST OF FAIRLY USED INDUSTRIAL WEAVING MACHINES IN NIGERIA
Prices of fairly used industrial weaving machines are dependent on the extent of use and the damages it may have if any. Before settling for a fairly used overlocker, make sure that it is in good working condition beyond reasonable doubt so as not to waste your money.
Below are the current prices of fairly used industrial weaving machines in Nigeria currently:
- Butterfly Interlocking Machine: ₦12,000 – ₦15,000
- SUMO Overlocking Machine: ₦12,000 – ₦15,000
- SUMO Industrial Overlock Machine (3 thread): ₦54,000 – ₦57,000
- Gemini Overlocking Machine: ₦15,000 – ₦20,000
- Brother Industrial Overlock Machine: ₦60,000 – ₦65,000
- Brother Industrial Overlock Machine: ₦60,000 – ₦65,000
- Two Lion Industrial Weaving Machine: ₦54,000 – ₦57,000.
From the prices above, it is evident that industrial weaving machines in Nigeria, whether brand new or fairly used are not all of the same price. This is because the cost of overlockers in the country vary from brand to brand or from one location to the other.
We would also like to state at this juncture that these prices are estimates that are near the real values of the products listed and we advise that you visit the markets to get more accurate figures seeing that prices are likely to change from time to time.
HOW TO MAINTAIN INDUSTRIAL WEAVING MACHINES IN NIGERIA
The following are the various ways to maintain your industrial weaving machines as a fashion designer in the country:
- Lubricate your industrial weaving machine frequently
- Clean your industrial weaving machine frequently
- Service your overlocker periodically
- Check the trimmer of your weeping machine twice weekly
- Make sure that oil flows properly in your serger
- Replace worn out parts in your industrial weaving machine as soon as you notice it.